The Forbidden Kingdom (co-production China-USA) (2008)

It means two tigers on the one mountain ...

It is a beautiful film about the fight between good and evil. On the same side Jackie Chan and Jet Li stand shoulder to shoulder. This is the only film, where these two great masters fight together against evil.
But firstly we can see their common fight – a very interesting phenomena which contradicts the laws of physics, but it is a fairy tale!
A history of this film is simple: Teenage Jason (Michael Angarano) using a mysterious cane moves to a fairytale land in ancient China where he receives a mission to save the world against Jade Warlord (Collin Chou).

What impressied me the best:
1) characterization and makeup – Jet Li in double roles as The Monkey King and Silent Monk, Jackie Chan as Old Hop (I couldn't belive it was him!) and Collin Chou as Jade Warlod – must be seen!
2) The last fight between Jason and Jade Warlod and then Silent Monk and Jade Warlod,
3) Bingbing Li as Ni Chang is beautiful here and she acts in very restrained way, that's why she is so fantastic!
4) above mentioned fight between Jet Li and Jakie Chan - I have no words to describe more!
5) and I really like to watch many times this scene, when two masters teach one student - there are a lot of smart words to listen and watch, I like the way of filming, I like the smile of Yifei Liu as Golden Sparrow - All this scene is made cool and pleasant with soft light and a nature as background,
6) Witty dialogs (I cannot understand you … - Because you don't listen me! Or:
And in case of danger to Jason – How good is your kung fu? Lovely! :D

Also I have to add, that Jet Li is rude and a little obscene. Who will guess what scene I'm writing here about? Add your answer in the comments.
Thank you for reading :)

Comments

Popular Posts