Long de xin (Heart of dragon) (1985)


Beautiful film about brotherhood

No matter the length and latitude, the problems are the same everywhere :( .... lonely care of the sick and dependent people is extremely difficult .... During watching a movie I had to stop to get a little calm down. I was mad when the teacher insulted and challenged Danny. I was shocked and cried, when Ted moved and shared his emotions and a sense of hurt about lonely taking care of Danny. 
And Jackie Chan showed his dilemmas and pique very well! Also, Sammo Kam-Bo Hung acted the role of handicapped brother very well, reliably and … funny. Yes, funny, because it is hard not to smile when Danny wipes the wall with his hand during coming back home, or when he teaches to swim a toy in bath or when he plays a father role for a friend.
Really one can look at these scenes with a good dose of humor, empathy and sympathy :)
About fights – I really liked the begining of the film – with actions and fights. I LOVED IT :)
Ching-Ying Lam as a SWAT Team Commander was great! He was so stiff and essential, that I fear to be affraid! And I liked his eyebrows makeup :)
Summarizing - definitely for me it is a social drama (if there is such a genre) with elements of commedy and action film, than if only „fighting” cinema. And music! Music makes an impression and takes my breath away!. No wonder! This film won Hong Kong Film Awards in 1986 in category Best Original Film Song (Man Yee Lam, Yuen-Leung Poon) for the song "Sui Hoh Seung Yi" ('Who Could Be Dependent').)
This film is genre-balanced very well and I sincerely recommend it to watch.

Comments

Popular Posts