Dao (The Blade) 1995


It means: if it were not for the woman and her too long tongue, then there would be no history.


The film was made with a momentum, in a very dynamic way, with great attention to details.
And yes - I believe and feel, this is one of the best Tsui Hark film, although it is a brutal and bloody cinema, I admit I was not able to watch everything.

The film is made from the main character level, which is also the narrator of the film.

3 actresses attracted my attention - Sonny Su as Siu Ling, Valerie Chow as courtesan and Bik-Ha Chun.

I do not comment on the fights, because as I mentioned I was not able to watch them, but my attention was turned to another scene ..
... courtesan who during her "working" with one man, looks straight into another man's eyes. Strong!

Interestingly, many wise issues have been said by the courtesan.
Not everything is as it seems to be ...

Comments

  1. One of my favorites from Tsui Hark.

    Blade~
    Media Production

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for comment. Can you extend, what is the main reason, that this is your favourite one?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts