Di renjie: Tong tian di guo (Detective Dee: The Mystery of the Phantom Flame) (2010)


I will start with fightings - at three of them I paid special attention, ie between Shangguan Jing'er (priest) and detective in the temple, between Pei Donglai and detective (was it wing chun?), and the last one on the horses' back between Shatuo and detective.
The next pluses - fast action, witty dialogues, interesting characterization - especially Carina Lau (hairstyles made me very impressed)
Special effects during the fight between Shangguan Jing'er (the priest) and the detective in the temple - revelation! Color saturation, intensity and so on. Breathtaking and amazing!

However, a slight inconsistency (or lack of my knowledge) - at the end of film the narrator says that the empress has given way to the throne. Does that mean she had another husband, was it son of the emperor killed by Shatuo? Who can tell me? :)

At first I was wondering if there were not Shangguan Jing'e or Pei Donglai behind these murders. I hesitated because the characters are so ambiguous :)

On the other hand, one negative thing is that the positive character did not end up positively living. The writer of scenario could have come up with an antidote. This is the second best Chinese film where a positive character either spends his life without sun or dies (Donnie Yen in the SPL). That;s the pity for me :(

I laughed when Dee sat down next to the Empress, placing his one leg on another - it is so modern pose for me. Did it really sit down in the presence of the emperor or the empress? And it was fun - with such nonchalance.

I also noticed this, although I do not remember at what point in time that the detective in addition to very developed logic and consequence has a great engineering knowledge

I also wondered whether the empress did not love the detective (these tears in her eyes tell me so at the end) - such an unspoken love, because of the difference of social positions does not fall.
On the other hand, Shangguan Jing'er was deeply in love with the detective - it was obvious. What a passion! :) and she did not kill the detective – because she loved him :)

The final fragment of film, which start with words "Under the pretext of magic you killed others ...." is very wise. Everything here was beautifully harmonized - actors, light, music, a way of filming. Important, difficult and beautiful words said on ruins, suggesting that with a little effort and good will everyone can rebuild everything . Well, also me in my life :)
Besides, I used to turn my attention to the single sentences in all films I watched and theat them as the maxims in my life. Here is the opinion: Governance requires strength and deceit, but yu cannot confuse good with evil (this sentence I have to send politicians of a certain party in my beautiful country)


My private Oscar and the Golden Horse Award go to Bingbing Li and Tony Ka Fai Leung. I just feel like this after I saw how the actors led their characters. 
Thank you for reading!

Comments

Popular Posts